The next Superman

I don´t really know if Henry Cavill is the ideal actor to play Big Blue. First of all, he doesn't completely  look like Superman. Supes has to be and look strong but he also has certain aspects of his physiognomy that make him distinct such as the S curl on his forehead, his blue eyes, or the shape of his face less angular than Cavill´s. I don´t question Mr. Cavill´s thespian abilities but then I didn´t question George Clooney´s either and see what happened when he was Batman in Batman Forever. Perhaps,  I´m wrong and for the good of the Superman franchise I hope I am.
Update (May 28th /2013): By now we know of more changes such as black Perry White (Lawrence Fishburne) and Michael Shannon as General Zod who is the villain of the story. Russell Crowe is Jor-El and Kevin Costner is Jonathan Kent and none other than Amy Adams will be Lois Lane. Apparently the movie will have a more serious tone such as that in the Batman's movies. Hans Zimmer will be in charge of the music so that is guarantee that we will receive a quality product, at least in that aspect. 
So far the changes and the entire production is garnering good opinions. I for one remain skeptical and receive everything with a grain of salt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?