What's a JOCK in Spanish?

"Me? I don't do much thinking. I let my muscles do it for me. They're pretty good at it, y`know?"

The most common synonym of JOCK is Athlete and as such in Spanish it would be that precisely: ATLETA, especially one who is still in high school or college.
The problem is that JOCK is a word that really defines a stereotype, that one about athletes focusing only on their muscles and who do not rank high at any intellectual level, so to speak.
So if you know someone who is into developing his body, but not his mind that is certainly a JOCK.
I don't really think there is a word for that in Spanish but we do refer to them as QUE SON PURO MUSCULO PERO CON NADA EN EL CEREBRO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?