The Human Centipede: A good horror movie?

There are movies I would recommend and there are those I never would. I just don’t see the point in bringing more suffering and misery into this world. I have nothing against horror movies as long as they remain in the realm of the impossibility; nevertheless, there are ways to torture human beings that we know are possible and because of that shouldn’t be used as the plot of any film. The Human Centipede is an example. In this story a mad German doctor captures three people (a Japanese tourist and two US girls) and joins them surgically to form a longer digestive system. The reason why? Just to prove he can. I’ll spare you the details of the operation and result, but if you see the movie anyway, you will find that beyond its disgusting premise there’s nothing new in terms of plot or even acting and perhaps only some similarities with The Fly, Saw and Hostel. (Nov. 17, 2010)

Comments

Guillermo Ayala said…
I think that I agree with your opinion and, I think that the movie doesn't deserves to be called as a horror movie because, in my opinion, the most important objetive of the movie is, instead of scaring or horrifying like a normal horror movie, to disturb the spectators creating a situation where one of the most disgusting and perturbing things that we, humans, avoid of only thinking is happening, like the idea of touching such a nasty part of someone else's body and, even worst, share it with that person.
Einsen said…
gross, thats all i can tell about this movie, really gross, is hollywood so empty of creativity? shame, shame.

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?