California

California is one of the most important states of the union. Important cities such as Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Francisco are there . If you want to go to Hollywood then you have to go to California.  The tallest trees of the world, the California Redwood trees are there. This land produces some of the best grapes of the world which makes it also the land that produces the best wines in the United States. It was in California that the Gold rush took place first, an enormous quantity of gold that contributed to the wealth of the U.S. and the development of that region that otherwise would not have developed as quickly as it did. California was originally Spanish and then Mexican. It was ceded to the United States and admitted as part of the union in 1850. It is the third largest state after Alaska and Texas and if it were an independent country it would be in the list of the top ten economies of the world. It is a land of contrasts even in its climate. California has beautiful mountains and also there is Desert Valley. 
Many love and many crititcize Californians. I remember one of my teachers once told me that California was "the land of the fruits and the nuts". At the time my knowledge of the culture was limited and I did not know what he meant.  I have never been in California, but I´m sure it is not true. In any case I would never repeat it if I were in California. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?