My First Angel

It´s hard for me to believe in what I cannot see. I believe in what I can prove it's real so whimsical deities or angry stalking ghosts are for me only immaterial characters. But if angels were real then I´d say I know them. Having met several the first one was my mother. She lit my existence, she opened my eyes to the grandeur of the universe, she taught me to persevere. She was an example to me and when I´ve been good is because she said that was the right thing to do. She was proud of me, and above all she loved me. Still after all these years I feel she's somewhere and we´ll be reunited if only for a moment before I die...the things we´ll talk then, the hugs and the tears that will come to be. I loved being loved by her and felt lost when she was gone all these years ago. Her love was immeasurable and I could never comprehend where all that came from until the moment Luis was born. Now every time I see him I smile and I understand. Somehow I feel my Mom is smiling as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?