How do you say COPETE in English?

"They told me it would boost my career!"

Out the several words I found it seems that POMPADOUR is the one term that most frequently people use to refer to this hairstyle.
I have encountered other terms such as TUFT OF HAIR, FORELOCK and even HAIR HORN, though I understand not all of them are necessarily the same. 
POMPADOUR hairstyle seems to be the right term and that is the hairstyle worn by the model in the picture.
Update: Gisella Quintana+ says QUIFF is COPETE. That would be a Yes, though QUIFF is COPETE as it was in the fifties. Nevertheless, QUIFFS are still on: none other than Bruno Mars does not hesitate to sport one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?