Conversations with my Students (10)

BTW, this is not that group

Years ago, I had this group to whom I had to teach Basic English. One day I had prepared a multiple-choice quiz the day before and told my students to study hard. Most of them did, but one did not completely.
T: Ok class, please begin.
(after a little while...) 
R: Mister, excuse me.
T: Please R, don't call me mister. And what do you need?
R: Mister...eh...teacher. La número tres está difícil. (Number three is hard)
I took a look. In this exercise all they had to do was to respond to the phrase Thank you! and they were given three choices ... 
a. See you
b. You're welcome.
c. Fine, thanks.
d. Hello there.
As you can see it couldn´t be simpler.
T: But if it is the easiest in this quiz.
R: Mister, no sé, de veras, creo que tengo un bloqueo mental. (Mister, I don't know, really, I think I have a mental block).
T: I'm sorry, R. I cannot help you. It's a quiz and you should do it without my help.
R: Mister, it's the last...
T: No, sorry, no.
For a while R was silent. She looked at the question and then she looked anywhere else looking for the answer without being able to find it. Then all of a sudden, she smiled. She waited for me to be nearby and "accidentally" she dropped her pen. Since I am such a gentleman  I picked the pen and gave it back to her.  
R: Thank you, teacher!
T: You're welcome, R.
And she gave me the test with the right answer.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?