Conversations with My Students (6)

    One day after class...
T: G, can you come over here? We need to talk.
G: Yes, mister?
T: It's about your essay...
G: Oh that...did you like it?
T: Not really.
G: But why not? I spent a lot of time writing that thing.
T: Well, It was challenging.
G: Challenging? What do you mean?
T: It was a challenge trying to understand your handwriting.
G: Well, mister, I can do nothing about it.
T: Yes, you can. You can type your document. That way I would understand.
G: But mister, this way is faster and besides it's good practice for me.
T: Good Practice? G, how can this be good practice for anything?
G: It's good practice for my future job.
T: Future job? What future job?
G: Ah, teacher. I'm going to be a doctor!
T: A doctor...now, I understand...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are LAS TRES MARÍAS called in English?

The Maps of Ship-Trap Island

How do you say NACIMIENTO NAVIDEÑO in English?